Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The sky is no longer the limit!


















Actually, this is exactly what I thought about Delphi 1. It was the most liberating and innovative product of the 1990's and with the resurgence of Delphi via CodeGear, Delphi 2007 is once again the premiere WIN32 development platform bar none. I can not imagine anyone daring to write Windows apps with anything other than Delphi.

I've been using Delphi 2007 now for about 2 weeks, and I can honestly say its as fast as a jet and as solid as a tank. I have not had a single mishap with the IDE. All of my Delphi 2006 3rd party components work in Delphi 2007 flawlessly. As soon as I was done installing the 3rd party components, I was able to compile my Delphi 2006 apps without any troubles at all. I was totally amazed at how easy it was (as a precaution, please be sure to make backups of your projects before attempting this).

if you are not using Delphi 2007 already, It's a must have upgrade. I highly recommend it. Oh, did I forget to mention the new help system? It's Impressive. The new help system alone is worth the upgrade. For those still using Delphi 2005 and 2006, you will be pleasantly surprised.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I can not imagine anyone daring to write Windows apps with anything other than Delphi."

Dare to, because I program with C/C++ Builder ;D

Ondrej Kelle said...

Good news! Thanks for sharing!

Tom Martin said...

"Dare to, because I program with C/C++ Builder ;D"

I apologize for not making my point more clear. I was attempting to compare WIN32 to .NET programming. Unfortunately, I did so ambiguously.
I will keep your point in mind the next time I make such a comparison.

Warren said...

Yay for Delphi! Delphi 2007 totally rocks. I agree.

:-)

Ossian said...

Thanks for the review. That's useful to know. Reassuring.