Tuesday, May 1, 2007

CodeGears new Website

CodeGear has a new look to their website go to http://www.codegear.com to have a look for yourself.

When Nick Hodges first displayed the new CodeGear logo, I was not a supporter; however, as Michael Swindell pointed out, you had to look at the whole site in order to appreciated the new logo and branding. I see what he means now and I would agree, it does look really nice. Its a bit edgy, bold, and somewhat evocative (The color red does that). It screams hardcore.

All in all I really like it. There are a few things I might tweak like a darker orange and maybe gray instead of silver for readability purposes (some notebook LCD's will not render those colors well). The layout is simple and straightforward and uncluttered. Makes for finding things much easier.

Its a bold new look for a bold new brand. Your comments on the new website are welcome.

No comments: